(Part-time job: IT technical support officer for Lab room 301)
IT technical support officers need to be:
- Competent and confident users of IT, with a good knowledge of computers,
- Familiar with a range of computer software packages,
- Good at solving problems,
- Able to explain technical issues clearly,
- Familiar with different operating systems and computer languages.
- Friendly, having basic skills of customer services
Typical work activities
In essence, technical support officers are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of computer systems in the Lab room:
- Ensuring that students access Lab following the lab’s regulations
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Prohibiting user access the bad websites and playing game in the Lab
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing hardware/software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Reporting to Lab supervisor
IT technicians are office based and spend most of their time working at the Lab room 301.
You will work 2 sessions per week in working time 8:00 – 11:30 AM and 13:00 – 16:00 PM
Quantity of openings : 2 IT technical support officers
Deadline: 25 Apr 2015
Contact: Mr. Khanh, Room #306, School of Business, IU