1. Program overview
- HUSTEP creates opportunities for students to get know more about Japanese language as well as its culture in the span of 1 year (around 11 months) at Hokkaido University, Japan.
- Participant will be arranged living in a dormitory’s room near the University.
- Students will attend classes taught in English about Cultural, Social, Environmental, Scientific and Technological matters.
From late September/2017 – to mid 08/2018 (11 months) or from late September 09/2017 to mid 02/2017 (5 months).
Appointed by Hokkaido University
- be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home universities as full-time students during the entire period of study in Japan.
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
1 official copy and 1 photocopy copy
- HUSTEP Application (please download at https://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-students/exchange-student-admissions/exchange-programs-in-english-hustep/, password: hustep2017).
- A confirmation letter from the attending university (with seal).
- Recommendation Letter.
- Transcript: 1 in Vietnamese and 1 in English.
- Certificate of Heath (attached form)
- 3 ID photo (3×4 cm)
- TOEFL certificate.
- A copy of your passport.
*Note: Applying candidates have a chance to acquire a scholarship of 80.000 yen/month from JASSO. To apply for this scholarship, please fill in the attached form.
Submit applications to International Student Service Center (ISSC – Room A2. 604) before 16/01/2017.