I. Program overview:
- HUSTEP creates opportunities for students to get know more about Japanese language as well as its culture in the span of 1 year (around 11 months) at Hokkaido University, Japan.
- Participant will be arranged living in a dormitory’s room near the University.
- Students will attend classes taught in English about Cultural, Social, Environmental, Scientific and Technological matters.
II. Types of Scholarships:
1. Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP):
- be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home universities as full-time students during the entire period of study in Japan.
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
b) Application: 1 original application and 1 copy.
- HUSTEP Application Spring Semester course (please download at https://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-students/exchange-student-admissions/exchange-programs-in-english-hustep/, password: hustep2017).
- A confirmation letter from the attending university (with seal).
- Recommendation Letter.
- 2 Transcripts (in English, scale 4.0 and scale 100).
- Certificate of Heath (attached form)
- 3 ID photo (3×4 cm)
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate.
- A copy of your passport.
*Note: Applying candidates have a chance to acquire a scholarship of 80.000 yen/month from JASSO. To apply for this scholarship, please fill in the attached form.
c) Number of scholarship: 1-2 slots
d) Application package: 1 original, 1 copy
c) Duration: 4/2017 – 8/2017.
d) Accommodation: Appointed by Hokkaido University
Submit complete application to ISSC (room A2.604) before 10/10/2016.
2) (Undergraduate) Special Audit Student (SAS):
- Must have outstanding academic results at the major offered at Hokkaido University.
- Must currently hold a N2 Japanese level or higher.
- Must currently be a student during the exchange period.
b) Application Process:
- Candidates applying for SAS must inform their names, desired major, courses at Hokkaido University to Ms. Thanh Thảo, Department of Public Relations, VNU via email@example.com before 17/10/2016 (for Spring semester)
- Application form will be provided for the desired applicants
c) Duration: 1 semester – 1 year
- Spring semester: 01/04/2017 – 30/09/2017
- One year: 01/04/2017 – 31/3/2018
d) Scholarship: Not applicable
e) Accommodation: appointed by University of Hokkaido
- Spring Semester Candidates submit application back to ISSC (Room A2. 604) before 21/10/2016.