International University, VNUHCMC would like to announce the Spring School Program: “Walking along the Path of Japan’s Modern History, Culture & Heritage, and Contemporary Society” jointly organized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan Student Support Organization (JASSO), Chiba University, and AUN, with details as followed:
1. Time: 13 – 23/3/2017 in Japan
2. Number of Scholarship: 03
- Being a full time student at one of the member university of Vietnam National University.
- Obtaining accumulated GPA of 3.0/4.0 and above (or equivalent)
- Being in good health condition
- Being fluent in English (Japanese not required)
- Having great interest in culture, history, and the development of Japan.
- Prefer students with no prior experience in Japan who received no prior support from MEXT
4. Applications: 1 Hard copy, 1 Soft copy (scan file)
- Application form (named: SS2017-Appform-Name)
- A scan of Parental Consent Form (named: SS2017-Conform-Name)
- A scan of an official student’ transcript (named: SS2017-Transcript-Name)
- CV (less than 2 pages, in PDF) (name: SS2017-CV-Name)
- A Scan of your valid passport (at least 6 months including the time participating in the program) (named: SS2017-PP-Name)
Note: all the files will be compressed into one file, named: SS2017-UniNam-StudName
To download application, please click here
Students will receive 80,000 JPY from JASSO to support for all the expenses in Japan and the Spring School Program fees will be waived by Chiba University.
40,000JPY will be deducted right from 80,000 JPY for the following fees:
- Accommodation (from 13-22/3/2017, breakfast included)
- Airport pickup
- Opening and Farewell Parties
- Train travel
- Participation fees
- Some other fees
The remained 40,000 JPY will be used to support for the meals (lunch, dinner), a free day (18/03) and transportation feed to the airport on the last day (23/3).
Students will be responsible for:
- Round trip flight ticket
- Visa application fees
- Travel insurance
- Health check prior to traveling to Japan
- Other personal expenses.
Application process: Please send
- A hard copy of your application: to International Student Service Center (Room A2. 604) before Noon, the 9th Jan, 2017.
- A soft copy of your application: to firstname.lastname@example.org titled: SS2017-StudName-StudID) on the 8th, Jan, 2017.
For more information, please contact International Student Service Center (Room A2. 604) or email to email@example.com