This is a unique platform for STEM students and young engineers, scientists and technologist to nurture their innovative and entrepreneurial ideas, and support the Maker Movement in Vietnam. Winners receive prizes of cash, NI design products and a chance to attend NIWeek in the U.S.
Important Dates for Participation
- May 23 – Launch Competition – begin call for abstracts
- June 30 – Closing for abstract submission
- July 15 – Top 10 abstracts announced
- October 15 – Closing for final project submission
- November – Awards ceremony (date to be announced)
- Be ±3 years from college or university graduation
- Be or have been enrolled as a student in a STEM (Science, Technology,Engineering and Math) academic program of a college or university, that awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degrees
- Have an innovative idea for a product that could become a new business andbenefit the local community
Support will be provided by partners Saigon High Tech Park, Fablab Saigon and Fablab Danang. In addition, the Top 10 project participants will have access to NI’s development platforms to design prototypes and solutions using the NI myRIO embedded hardware platform and NI LabVIEW system.
- First Prize includes: 600 USD cash; 1 NI myRIO Embedded Student Design Device; the opportunity to present your winning project at the 2017 NIWeek global conference in Austin, Texas USA; and the opportunity to publish 1 paper on www.ni.com.
- Second Prize includes: 300 USD cash; 1 NI myRIO Embedded Student Design Device; and the opportunity to publish 1 paper on ni.com.
- Submit your abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2016; with Subject: NI Competition.
- Follow us at HEEAP.org or www.facebook.com/planetni.