The School of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the school of International University, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. Therefore, the Vision of the School is under the Vision of the University (the University will become a top research-oriented university of Vietnam, which has strong collaborations with world wide prestigious universities, institutes, industries, local provinces and society).
- Offering high-quality graduate and undergraduate education in multi-disciplinary. All educational programs are accredited/assessed in accordance with regional and international standards (AUN, ASIIN, or ABET).
- Offering excellent research including basic and applied research to meet the needs of industry, local provinces, society and international standard.
- Taking the pioneering role in Vietnam by practicing management excellence, inspiring and assisting other VNU members in the advancement toward the development of Vietnam National University – HCMC as a whole.
The Bachelor programs of the School Computer Science and Engineering aim at the following points:
Training IT engineers to achieve international qualities credited by Vietnamese and overseas organizations, and able to efficient work in Vietnam and abroad.
Graduates have to have a good political qualification, manner, and health; have a basic and advanced knowledge of computer science and engineering; have the ability to do research, analyze and design computer systems to solve practical problems; have abilities of efficient and creative working; have abilities of pursuing life-long learning and professional development.
IT engineers in companies and organizations or pursuing a higher degree.
From the above education objectives, the program complies six student outcomes for engineering programs as follows:
1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
In addition to outcomes 1 through 5, graduates of the program will also have the ability to:
6. Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]
Graduates will also have the following outcomes:
- Politics and Humanities
- Computing: an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computing tools necessary for engineering practice
– an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering and computing problems
– an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, — political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
– an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Communication: an ability to represent result and communicate effectively
- Natural Science Applicability: an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Team Working: an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Career Development: a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- IT engineers in factories, companies, organizations
- Pursuing a higher degree in Vietnam or abroad
Program objectives for Computer Science
- Apply effectively their knowledge and skills as computer engineers within the industry as well as the state and federal agencies dealing with analysis and design of modern computing engineering systems and processes;
- Work and communicate effectively with others on multi-disciplinary teams to develop practical, technically-sound, cost-effective solutions to complex and diverse computer engineering problems;
- Maintain an active program of lifelong learning and continuing education while practicing computer engineering in an ethical and professional responsible manner;
- Seek leadership roles as practitioners and become active members within professional and technical societies.
Program objectives for Information Technology
- Applying efficiently technical knowledge and practical skills to analyzing and solving problems of modern network, communication systems and computer engineering.
- Communicating and collaborating in teamwork environment effectively to deliver technical knowledge, ideas, proposals and solutions.
- Committing to technical capability in working environment and higher education programs by continuous self-improvement and lifelong learning.
- Seeking leadership roles and becoming proactive individuals with ethical and social responsibility in professional engineering societies.
Program objectives for Data Science
- Providing essential knowledge and skills in data science domain which is applied in business intelligent solutions for data analytic engineer/data scientist rol
- Delivering to learner solid learning experiences by creating the most creative and value-added leadership talents for global communities as well as conducting professional services in order to improve the quality of life.
- Equipping most impactful and significant studies to learners in data science domain towards academics and industrial communities in different regional, national and global scales