The School of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the school of International University, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. Therefore, the Vision of the School is under the Vision of the University (the University will become a top research-oriented university of Vietnam, which has strong collaborations with world wide prestigious universities, institutes, industries, local provinces and society).
- Offering high-quality graduate and undergraduate education in multi-disciplinary. All educational programs are accredited/assessed in accordance with regional and international standard AUN.
- Offering excellent research including basic and applied research to meet the needs of industry, local provinces, society and international standard.
- Taking the pioneering role in Vietnam by practicing management excellence, inspiring and assisting other VNU members in the advancement toward the development of Vietnam National University – HCMC as a whole.
The Bachelor programs of the School Computer Science and Engineering aim at the following points:
Training IT engineers to achieve international qualities credited by Vietnamese and overseas organizations, and able to efficient work in Vietnam and abroad.
Graduates have to have a good political qualification, manner, and health; have a basic and advanced knowledge of computer science and engineering; have the ability to do research, analyze and design computer systems to solve practical problems; have abilities of efficient and creative working; have abilities of pursuing life-long learning and professional development.
IT engineers in companies and organizations or pursuing a higher degree.
Graduates will also have the following outcomes:
- Politics and Humanities
- Computing: an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computing tools necessary for engineering practice
– an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering and computing problems
– an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, — political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
– an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Communication: an ability to represent result and communicate effectively
- Natural Science Applicability: an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Team Working: an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Career Development: a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- IT engineers in factories, companies, organizations
- Pursuing a higher degree in Vietnam or abroad
Program objectives for Computer Science
- Apply effectively their knowledge and skills as computer engineers within the industry as well as the state and federal agencies dealing with analysis and design of modern computing engineering systems and processes;
- Work and communicate effectively with others on multi-disciplinary teams to develop practical, technically-sound, cost-effective solutions to complex and diverse computer engineering problems;
- Maintain an active program of lifelong learning and continuing education while practicing computer engineering in an ethical and professional responsible manner;
- Seek leadership roles as practitioners and become active members within professional and technical societies.
From the above education objectives, the program complies six student outcomes for engineering programs as follows:
- ILO1 – Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- ILO2 – Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- ILO3 – Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- ILO4 – Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- ILO5 – Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- ILO6 – Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produc computing-based solutions.
Program objectives for Information Technology
- Have a basic and advanced knowledge of computer science
- Do research, analyze, and design computer systems to solve practical problems
- Work efficiently and creatively as professionals
- And to be able to pursue lifelong learning and professional development
- The graduates from Bachelor of Engineering in IT program will have:
Industry knowledge and reasoning
(i) a solid basic knowledge of computers, computer systems, computer networks and IT applications, including theoretical and applied aspects.
(ii) deep and broad specialized knowledge of computers, computer systems, computer networks and information technology applications. Possess analytical and problem-solving skills; design, develop and integrate information systems for computer-related engineering applications, computer network systems and computer network-based applications and systems. Ability to solve interdisciplinary technical, social, political and economic problemsPersonal and professional skills and qualities
(iii) knowledge of integration and entrepreneurship. Conscious of environmental protection, design and operate environmentally friendly systems.
Skills of teamwork and communication
(iv) necessary soft skills and problem solving. Ability to work in a team, leadership and management skills. Able to communicate and work professionally in English (at a proficient level).
(v) Having a clear awareness of professionalism, professional ethics and sense of responsibility towards self and society. Having good political qualities, living and working in compliance with the laws of the Vietnamese state.
Competency for professional practice
(vi) ability to self-study and research or participate in refresher courses to grasp new technologies,
(vii) have sufficient capacity for further study at home and abroad.
- ILO1 – an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics,
- science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems
- appropriate to the discipline;
- ILO2 – an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for
- broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- ILO3 – an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined
- technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate
- technical literature;
- ILO4 – an ability to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes;
- ILO5 – an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
- ILO6 – an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments
Program objectives for Data Science
- Providing essential knowledge and skills in data science domain which is applied in business intelligent solutions for data analytic engineer/data scientist rol
- Delivering to learner solid learning experiences by creating the most creative and value-added leadership talents for global communities as well as conducting professional services in order to improve the quality of life.
- Equipping most impactful and significant studies to learners in data science domain towards academics and industrial communities in different regional, national and global scales
- ILO1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- ILO2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- ILO3. Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- ILO4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- ILO5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline
- ILO6. Apply data science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions, Informatics.